The Youth Excellence Ensemble Program, designed and run by Louise King, provides a monthly learning environment of intense group practice for young musicians who wish to be mentored in classical contemporary music performance.
DATES FOR 2018
- Thursday 15 February 6-7:30pm
- Thursday 15 March 6-7:30pm
- Thursday 26 April 6-7:30pm
- Thursday 17 May 6-7:30pm
- Thursday 14 June 6-7:30pm
- Thursday 26 July 6-7:30pm
- Thursday 16 August 6-7:30pm
- Thursday 20 September 6-7:30pm
- Thursday 18 October 6-7:30pm
- Thursday 15 November 6-7:30pm
- Thursday 13 December 6-7:30pm
COMMUNITY PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES!
Take part in these public student concerts – more exciting opportunities to be announced!
- Sunday 18 March | 2pm | Guest act CELTIC CONCERT EUDLO HALL
- Thursday 21 June | 7pm | Musicians Without Borders Fundraising Concert
- Sunday 23 September | 2pm | Playing For Change Foundation, Global Day of Action Performance
- Saturday 15 December | 7pm | Guest act CHRISTMAS CAROLS CONCERT, EUDLO HALL
VENUE Eudlo Hall, Rosebed Street, Sunshine Coast.
COST $35 per session includes afternoon tea refreshments.
EARLY BIRD DEAL $150 x 5 sessions. Book & pay online before Monday 5th February 2018 to be eligible for early bird deal.
JOIN Book your place in the ensemble online. Limited places available. Teacher recommendations of talented students welcome. Not sure if you make the grade? Book in for your FREE audition assessment by mentor Louise King on 0415 128 799.
BOOK ONLINE This class can be booked and paid for in our online shop.
DETAILS Music is provided. A minimum of 4 students per class is needed to ensure the ensemble program runs.
WHAT TO BRING cello, bow, rosin, music stand, endpin stopper, pencil and eraser, imagination, courage.
MORE INFO firstname.lastname@example.org | 0415 128 799
Join the Cello Dreaming Youth Excellence Ensemble program is dedicated to providing top classical training to developing young talent. Mentored by one of Australia’s most dynamic and highly regarded professional cellists and Teaching Artists, Louise King, young musicians will experience unique opportunities to perform as soloist, chamber musician and within a cello orchestra before local and national audiences throughout the year.
Cello Dreaming Youth Ensemble has performed as guest act for singer-songwriter Katie Noonan, Woodford Folk Festival, Caloundra Fringe Festival, Dreaming BIG concert series, Horizon Festival, community concerts, outreach projects and special events and weddings on the Sunshine Coast. The Ensemble has won first, second, third and highly commended in many Eisteddfods. Music for Social Change charity performances includes fundraising concerts for Playing For Change Foundation and Musicians Without Borders. The increase in committed and talented members will result in more high profile performance opportunities being created and if funding is secured, an overseas tour.
cello dreaming mission
Cello Dreaming’s mission is to provide exceptional quality training to talented, committed and motivated youth students who want to be mentored in classical contemporary music performance practice and would like to learn musical and creative business skills that open pathways into a professional music career.
Whether your goal is to be a professional musician or lead a life rich with artistic meaning, Cello Dreaming Youth Excellence Program builds skills for success. The Youth Excellence Program is a learning environment where every young musician develops musicality, hard-core technique, leadership skills and teamwork through playing quality classical music in an ensemble and chamber music. Through rehearsing and performing at special events, community and charity concerts, media appearances, and community outreach projects, Cello Dreaming encourages talented students to use their unique talents to create social change through music. Louise as your mentor guides each student to make an active contribution to our community.
A place in the class is issued by Cello Dreaming and on behalf of Louise King. The booked place in the class is considered sold and subject to the following conditions:
- The booked place cannot be exchanged with another applicant, returned and refunded after purchase.
- The right is reserved to add, withdraw or substitute presenters, artists, vary ticket prices, and/or vary advertised programs, seating arrangements and class capacity.
- The presenter, performer Cello Dreaming reserves the right of admission to the class.
- If the class has to be cancelled due to natural disaster, adverse weather conditions or for any other cause reasonably beyond the presenter’s control, there is no right of refund or exchange, and no obligation is assumed by the presenter for the arranging of a substitute event.