‘Great fun! I have improved my sight-reading, ensemble skills, sense of musicianship, technique and posture, made new friends and been introduced to a world of great music for cello ensemble.’
Cello ensemble member
“Do you enjoy learning and playing music in a group? You don’t need grand musical aspirations or big professional ambitions, just come along and enjoy the pure joy of rehearsing, learning and playing music with others. Designed to develop or re-kindle your love of music and the cello.”
FREE CLASS TRIAL CONTACT Louise 0415 128799
Join this program in Brisbane or Eudlo, Sunhine Coast. Come along to the Adult Cello Ensemble for an intensive, fun-filled class of music making, technical warm-ups, musical guidance and inspirational tips from one of Australia’s top professional cellists and teachers, Louise King. A dedicated and passionate teacher & performer, a class can unlock your creative juices, hone your technique and develop your musicianship.
Adult Cello Players come together in this series of classes to have the opportunity to play music with others, develop their playing under guidance and enjoy sharing their love of music and the cello. The workshop is designed to bring together adult cellists in an inspiring, mentoring and fun rehearsal experience.
The music is arranged in several ability levels from grades 4-8 and is carefully selected to create a musical challenge for every player. You will play classical music, modern songs and folk music and develop group improvisation practice. Sessions will encompass a wide level of musical tasks in a mixed level class. A social refreshment break allows members to meet new people with a similar passion for music and the cello over a cup of tea.
Bring your cello and your sense of musical adventure and enjoy making music in a supportive environment.
Under the guidance of professional musician and Teaching Artist Louise King, the participants will rehearse in a small group. This program is designed to provide an extension opportunity to capable and motivated adult students, music teachers, community musicians and amateurs. Adult Cellists will benefit from experiencing different and refreshing outlook on their music making, how to get the most out of rehearsals, personal practice and professional development tips.
Cello Dreaming recommends that participants have completed minimum grade 4 AMEB / Suzuki book 3 to be attending the class. It is recommended that you attend regular classes to develop ensemble, teamwork and quality of musicianship.
A place in the class is issued by Cello Dreaming and on behalf of Louise King. The booked place in the class is considered sold and subject to the following conditions:
- The booked place cannot be exchanged with another applicant, returned and refunded after purchase.
- The right is reserved to add, withdraw or substitute presenters, artists, vary ticket prices, and/or vary advertised programs, seating arrangements and class capacity.
- The presenter, performer Cello Dreaming reserves the right of admission to the class.
- If the class has to be cancelled due to natural disaster, adverse weather conditions or for any other cause reasonably beyond the presenter’s control, there is no right of refund or exchange, and no obligation is assumed by the presenter for the arranging of a substitute event.
EUDLO Eudlo Hall Rosebed Street
- Thurs 20 Feb 6:30- 7:30pm
- Thurs 26 March 6:30- 7:30pm
- Thurs 28 May 6:30- 7:30pm
- Thurs 18 June 6:30- 7:30pm
- Thurs 13 August 6:30- 7:30pm
- Thurs 17 September 6:30- 7:30pm
- Thurs 15 October 6:30- 7:30pm
- Thurs 12 November 6:30- 7:30pm
BRISBANE Open Conservatorium South Bank QCGU
- Sat 22 Feb 3:30-4:30pm
- Sat 21 March 3:30-4:30pm
- Sat 23 May 3:30-4:30pm
- Sat 13 June 3:30-4:30pm
- Sat 8 August 3:30-4:30pm
- Sat 12 September 3:30-4:30pm
- Sat 17 October 3:30-4:30pm
- Sat 7 November 4:30-5:30pm
Take part in these optional public concerts – opportunities announced throughout the year.
- Saturday 7 March 7pm Bushfire Benefit Concert Maleny RSL
- Saturday 14 March & Sunday 15 March 2-4pm St. Patrick’s Day Celtic Concert Brisbane and Eudlo
- Sunday 10 May 2pm Mothers Day Concert Eudlo Hall
- Sunday 21 June 2-5pm Musicians Without Borders Global Day of Action Concert Eudlo Hall
- August Sunshine Coast Music Eisteddfod
- Horizon Festival Sunshine Coast
- Sunday 20 September 5pm Playing For Change Day Fundraising Concert
- Friday 4 December 7pm Student End Of Year Concert Eudlo Hall
- Saturday 12 December 7pm Christmas Carols Concert Palmwoods Hall
TIME Sunshine Coast 6:30-7:30pm Brisbane 3:30-4:30pm
VENUE Eudlo Hall, Rosebed Street, Sunshine Coast or QCGU, South Bank Brisbane
COST $35 per person per class | $175 for 5 classes | $280 for 8 classes | $350 for 10 classes (payable upon booking a spot)
EARLY BIRD DEAL Book & Pay before classes commence to receive class bundle discount and 1 30 minute lesson FREE $150 for 5 classes | $200 for 8 classes | $250 for 10 classes
BOOK online shop.
DETAILS Music is provided. A minimum of 4 students per class is needed to ensure the program runs.
WHAT TO BRING cello, bow, rosin, music stand, end pin stopper, pencil and eraser, imagination, courage
WHAT MUSIC Multi-level part arrangements of classical, romantic, modern tunes, jazz and folk inspired music especially selected by Louise King to suit music lovers. Music for the class program is selected according to the individual ensemble member’s skills; ensemble experience and general music interests and this class is designed to extend and inspire members to play quality music.
MORE INFO firstname.lastname@example.org | 0415 128 799