‘Great fun! I have improved my sight-reading, ensemble skills, sense of musicianship, technique and posture, made new friends and been introduced to a world of great music for cello ensemble.’
Cello ensemble member 2014
“Do you enjoy learning and playing music in a group? You don’t need grand musical aspirations or big professional ambitions, just come along and enjoy the pure joy of working and playing music with others. Designed to develop or re-kindle your love of music and the cello.”
Come along to the Adult Cello Ensemble for an intensive, fun-filled class of music making, technical warm-ups, musical guidance and inspirational tips from one of Australia’s top professional cellists and teachers, Louise King. A dedicated and passionate teacher & performer, a class can unlock your creative juices, hone your technique and develop your musicianship.
Adult Cello Players come together in this series of classes to have the opportunity to play music with others, develop their playing under guidance and enjoy sharing their love of music and the cello. The workshop is designed to bring together adult cellists in an inspiring, mentoring and fun informal performance experience.
The music is arranged in several ability levels from grades 3-8 and is carefully selected to create a musical challenge for every player. You will play great well-known classical music, modern songs and folk music and have a go at group improvisation. Sessions will encompass a wide level of musical tasks in a mixed level class. A short social refreshment break allows members to meet new people with a similar passion for music and the cello.
Bring your cello and your sense of musical adventure and polish your skills in an open and supportive group environment. Be inspired to take great musical leaps in a short time in an engaging learning environment
Under the expert guidance of professional musician Louise King, the participants will perform in a small group. Friends and family will have the chance to listen, watch and support your development in the public concert performance. This performance workshop is designed to provide a performance extension opportunity to capable and motivated students or amateurs. Adult Cellists will benefit from hearing a different and refreshing outlook on their music making, how to get the most out of practice and professional performance tips.
Cello Dreaming recommends that participants have completed grade 3 AMEB / Suzuki book 3 to be attending the class. It is highly recommended that you attend all classes to develop good teamwork and satisfactory musical level.
A place in the class is issued by Cello Dreaming and on behalf of Louise King. The booked place in the class is considered sold and subject to the following conditions:
- The booked place cannot be exchanged with another applicant, returned and refunded after purchase.
- The right is reserved to add, withdraw or substitute presenters, artists, vary ticket prices, and/or vary advertised programs, seating arrangements and class capacity.
- The presenter, performer Cello Dreaming reserves the right of admission to the class.
- If the class has to be cancelled due to natural disaster, adverse weather conditions or for any other cause reasonably beyond the presenter’s control, there is no right of refund or exchange, and no obligation is assumed by the presenter for the arranging of a substitute event.
NEXT UPCOMING DATES
- Thursday 22 February 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday 22 March 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday 26 April 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday 24 May 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday 28 June 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday 19 July 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday 23 August 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday 20 September 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday 25 October 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday 22 November 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday 13 December 6:30-7:30pm
COMMUNITY PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES!
Take part in these public student concerts – more exciting opportunities to be announced!
- Sunday 18 March | 2pm | Guest act CELTIC CONCERT EUDLO HALL
- Thursday 21 June | 7pm | Musicians Without Borders Fundraising Concert
- Sunday 23 September | 2pm | Playing For Change Foundation, Global Day of Action Performance
- Saturday 15 December | 7pm | Guest act CHRISTMAS CAROLS CONCERT, EUDLO HALL
TIME 6:30-7:30pm – coffee, tea, light refreshments, music, student resources, technical and musical tips, encouragement included
VENUE Eudlo Hall, Rosebed Street, Eudlo, Sunshine Coast
COST $35 per person per class | $175 for 5 classes | $350 for 10 classes (payable upon booking a spot)
EARLY BIRD DEAL Book & Pay by Monday 5 February 2018 to receive 1 x 30 minute lesson FREE
BOOK ONLINE This class can be booked and paid for in our online shop.
DETAILS Music is provided. A minimum of 4 students per class is needed to ensure the adult ensemble program runs.
WHAT TO BRING cello, bow, rosin, music stand, endpin stopper, pencil and eraser, imagination, courage
WHAT MUSIC Beautiful multi-level part arrangements of classical, romantic, modern tunes, jazz and folk inspired music especially selected by Louise King to suit the cellists who book in. Music for the class program is selected according to the individual ensemble member’s skills; ensemble experience and general music interests and this class is designed to extend and inspire members to play quality music.
MORE INFO firstname.lastname@example.org | 0415 128 799