FREE CLASS TRIAL contact Louise on 0415 128799
where is it?
> SUNSHINE COAST Studio 7 Corlis Avenue EUDLO
> NOOSA Noosa Pengari Steiner School DOONAN
> BRISBANE Young Conservatorium QCGU SOUTH BANK
Are you looking for high-energy ensemble class program introducing little people to the wonders of classical music? Experience a cello only ensemble program that plants musical learning seeds in your child that will help them grow into active little cello learners. Music can develop your child’s confidence, creativity and independence.
Drawing on over 25 years experience as a music educator and her experience as a mother, Louise King has developed the new Youth Beginner Cello Class Ensemble program to appeal to and engage busy active little minds and fingers. If you are looking for a music class that develops the whole child through learning music – cognitive, physical, emotional, language and musical skills – then you are in the right hands.
Youth Beginner Cello Ensemble Class is ideal for kids ages 4-10 in kindy, primary school or home-schooled and kids who think meeting new friends who play cello would be fun. Come and make music in a jam-packed activity class!
what’s in a class?
Using powerful imaginative resources and engaging music games, Cello Dreaming knows how to tap into your child’s creative spirit to develop learning strengths, creativity and musical confidence.
Music Games Playful music activities integrated to music literacy, vocal development, listening games, rhythm and games that develop muscular control and body co-ordination.
Singing Activities include a mixture of musical styles and well-known songs to allow your child to explore their voice. Singing helps develop your child’s pitch recognition, memory and recall, physical development and sense of well-being.
Storytelling and Literacy Each class is built on the concept of a musical story or theme such as Day At The Beach or Dinosaur Stampede. Let your child experience a fully integrated educational experience through the power of music.
Parent Involvement Your child is learning to be self-sufficient in a group setting of peers, whilst taking comfort from knowing their parent is close by. Parents or caregivers are welcome to participate in the last 10 minutes of each class so as to support the student with the At-Home Resources ensuring the learning can continue at home with your child’s best teacher—you!
Under the expert guidance of professional musician, educator and mother Louise King, your child will be introduced to the delights of classical music and the fun and excitement of learning how to play the cello.
Friends and family have the chance to listen, watch and support your child’s musical development in the annual public concert performance at the end of the school year.
“Perfect for home schooled children or primary school students!”
“A great opportunity to enrich and inspire students who already learn in school.”
“Making learning music fun, social and creative.”.
Cello Dreaming recommends that participants have their own 1/8, ¼ or ½ size cello depending on the age of the child participating. Need to look into buying or renting a cello or not sure what size to get? Take a look at this online article “Guide To Buying Your First Cello” or contact Simply For Strings or your preferred local music shop for competitive rental packages.
A place in the class is issued by Cello Dreaming and on behalf of Louise King. The booked place in the class is considered sold and subject to the following conditions::
- The booked place cannot be exchanged with another applicant, returned and refunded after purchase.
- The right is reserved to add, withdraw or substitute presenters, artists, vary ticket prices, and/or vary advertised programs, seating arrangements and class capacity.
- The presenter, performer Cello Dreaming reserves the right of admission to the class program.
- If the class has to be cancelled due to natural disaster, adverse weather conditions or for any other cause reasonably beyond the presenter’s control, there is no right of refund or exchange, and no obligation is assumed by the presenter for the arranging of a substitute event.
- If a student misses a scheduled class, there is no refund, make-up lesson or rights of exchange for a different class.
Perfect for home schooled children or primary school students!
EUDLO Eudlo Hall Rosebed Street
- Thurs 27 Feb 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 19 March 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 30 April 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 14 May 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 4 June 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 16 July 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 27 Aug 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 29 October 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 26 November 6:30-7:30pm
NOOSA Noosa Pengari Steiner School Nyell Road Doonan
- Wed 26 Feb 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 18 March 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 29 April 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 13 May 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 3 June 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 15 July 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 26 Aug 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 28 Oct 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 25 Nov 6:30-7:30pm
BRISBANE QCGU South Bank
YOUNG CONSERVATORIUM CELLO ENSEMBLE PROGRAM
Term 1 – 1 February – 28 March
Term 2 – 25 April – 13 June
Term 3 – 18 July – 12 September
Term 4 – 10 October – 31 October
Take part in these public student concerts – more opportunities announced through the year.
- Saturday 7 March 7pm Bushfire Benefit Concert Maleny RSL
- Sunday 15 March 2-4pm St. Patrick’s Day Celtic Concert Eudlo Hall
- Sunday 10 May 2pm Mothers Day Concert Eudlo Hall
- Sunday 21 June 2-5pm Musicians Without Borders Global Day of Action Concert Eudlo Hall
- August Sunshine Coast Music Eisteddfod
- Horizon Festival Sunshine Coast
- Sunday 20 September 5pm Playing For Change Day Fundraising Concert
- Friday 4 December 7pm Student End Of Year Concert Eudlo Hall
- Saturday 12 December 7pm Christmas Carols Concert Palmwoods Hall
COST $35 per class | $175 for 5 classes | $350 for 10 classes
EARLY BIRD DEAL Book online before classes commence.
- $250 for 10 classes. 1 x 30 minutes individual lesson FREE
- $175 for 6 classes. 1 x 30 minutes individual lesson FREE
- $150 for 5 classes. 1 x 30 minutes individual lesson FREE
MORE INFO Send an email to email@example.com or call Louse King on 0415 128 799. Music is provided. A minimum of 4 students per class is needed to ensure the program runs.
WHAT TO BRING cello, bow, rosin, end-pin stopper, pencil and eraser, folder for music sheets and your imagination!
what people are saying
‘Tom comes home from his class on cloud 9 – whips his cello out and shows the family what he has learnt. Your enthusiasm is contagious. Thanks so much!’
Libby & Andrew Robertson, Kawana
‘Classes are amazingly awesome! Couldn’t have found a better teacher! Such a privilege to learn music from a musician who is as incredible as you.’
‘Our focus is on the enjoyment of learning about classical music and discovering how to play an instrument, as opposed to the process of how to play notes ‘correctly’. As a family we feel that your style of teaching is in harmony with our own philosophy and I just wanted to say thank you for a wonderful start to cello.’
Home School Family Doonan 2014