FREE CLASS TRIAL contact Louise on 0415 128799
Do you fancy catching up with other cello enthusiasts? Do you want to meet other late starter beginner cellists and learn at your own pace? Are you looking to discover more about the cello and like the idea of learning in a group environment?
Come along to the next class. Share stories, play music, learn something new and enjoy a group learning experience.
Have you always wondered what it would be like to play cello and make music? Have you always wanted to play and only now got the time? Are you looking for a new hobby? Do you want to meet people who love music and like learning new things?
This is your chance to meet other beginner students in group classes specifically designed for adult learners. Come along and learn to play simple, easy music in a small class. No music reading skills required!
Expect classes of music making, interesting discussions on music, physical warm-ups and co-ordination exercises, musical guidance and inspirational tips from one of Australia’s top professional cellists and Teaching Artists, Louise King. A dedicated and passionate teacher & performer, a beginner class can allow you to try something new, unlock your creativity, build basic fundamental techniques and develop your interest in cello and music.
The worksheets provided are carefully put together to suit adult students with a variety of musical tastes and experiences. You will start with understanding how the instrument works, how to look after it and move onto learning about how music is put together. By the end of the Beginner Class Program you will be able to play simple open string and first position music with piano and cello accompaniment and opt to perform in a class showcase. Music chosen is selected from well-known classical music, modern songs and folk music plus group improvisation.
Bring your own cello and a sense of musical adventure and have a go at learning in a supportive environment.
Under the guidance of professional musician Louise King, adult students learn to play the cello step by step. It is an opportunity to meet people with similar interests.
Participants must their own or rented cello to be attending the class. It is recommended that you attend all classes to enjoy the sequenced development and to develop teamwork and confidence.
approach to teaching adults
Louise King has been a music educator and worked with adult students for 20 years. Read more about her Teaching Philosophy here.
A place in the class is issued by Cello Dreaming and on behalf of Louise King. The booked place in the class is considered sold and subject to the following conditions:
- The booked place cannot be exchanged with another applicant, returned and refunded after purchase.
- The right is reserved to add, withdraw or substitute presenters, artists, vary ticket prices, and/or vary advertised programs, seating arrangements and class capacity.
- The presenter, performer Cello Dreaming reserves the right of admission to the class.
- If the class has to be cancelled due to natural disaster, adverse weather conditions or for any other cause reasonably beyond the presenter’s control, there is no right of refund or exchange, and no obligation is assumed by the presenter for the arranging of a substitute event.
EUDLO Eudlo Hall Rosebed Street
- Thurs 6 Feb 1-2pm or 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 5 March 1-2pm or 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 2 April 1-2pm or 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 7 May 1-2pm or 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 11 June 1-2pm or 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 6 August 1-2pm or 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 3 September 1-2pm or 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 8 October 1-2pm or 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 5 November 1-2pm or 6:30-7:30pm
- Thurs 3 December 1-2pm or 6:30-7:30pm
NOOSA Pengari Steiner School Doonan
- Wed 5 Feb 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 4 March 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 1 April 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 6 May 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 10 June 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 5 August 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 2 Sep 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 7 Oct 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 4 Nov 6:30-7:30pm
- Wed 2 Dec 6:30-7:30pm
BRISBANE Open Conservatorium South Bank QCGU
- Sat 15 Feb 3:30-4:30pm
- Sat 14 March 3:30-4:30pm
- Sat 9 May 3:30-4:30pm
- Sat 6 June 3:30-4:30pm
- Sat 1 August 3:30-4:30pm
- Sat 5 September 3:30-4:30pm
- Sat 10 October 3:30-4:30pm
- Sat 7 November 3:30-4:30pm
Optional public concerts – opportunities announced throughout the year.
- Saturday 7 March 7pm Bushfire Benefit Concert Maleny RSL
- Sunday 15 March 2-4pm St. Patrick’s Day Celtic Concert Eudlo Hall
- Sunday 10 May 2pm Mothers Day Concert Eudlo Hall
- Sunday 21 June 2-5pm Musicians Without Borders Global Day of Action Concert Eudlo Hall
- August Sunshine Coast Music Eisteddfod
- Horizon Festival Sunshine Coast
- Sunday 20 September 5pm Playing For Change Day Fundraising Concert
- Friday 4 December 7pm Student End Of Year Concert Eudlo Hall
- Saturday 12 December 7pm Christmas Carols Concert Palmwoods Hall
VENUES Eudlo Hall, Rosebed Street, Eudlo, Sunshine Coast, Noosa Pengari Steiner School or QCGU South Bank Brisbane.
COST $35 per person per class | $175 for 5 classes | $350 for 10 classes
EARLY BIRD DEAL Book & pay online before classes commence for bulk discount and 1 x 30 mins lesson FREE.
- $250 for 10 x monthly classes. 1 x 30 minutes individual lesson FREE
- $200 for 8 x monthly classes. 1 x 30 minutes individual lesson FREE
- $150 for 5 x monthly classes. 1 x 30 minutes individual lesson FREE
BOOK online shop.
DETAILS Music is provided. A minimum of 4 students per class is needed to ensure the adult beginner class program runs. Coffee, tea, light refreshments, student resources, music included.
WHAT TO BRING cello, bow, rosin, music stand, end-pin stopper, pencil and eraser, imagination, courage.
NEED TO RENT A CELLO? Please contact www.simplyforstrings.com.au for competitive monthly rental packages. Find out about rentals and how to buy a cello on this page of our website.
WHAT MUSIC? Mixed-level music to suit range of tastes and music reading experience from complete beginners to students with confident music reading skills. Play music with others, experience playing in a group with both piano and cello accompaniment and enjoy learning well known classical, folk and modern music carefully selected and arranged to suit Adult Learners in a mixed level, group experience.
MORE INFO firstname.lastname@example.org | 0415 128 799
what people are saying
‘You are a rare find, both an excellent performer and inspiring teacher. Your classes are SO rewarding, and carefully prepared. You instinctively understand and work with all the varying personalities, abilities and goals of your students. Your practical suggestions and confidence convince us that we can all express the music within, with some remarkable results.’
‘Louise has helped me reawaken my connection with music. Her intuitive style of teaching helped me find the courage to pick up my cello again. She not only loosened my rusty fingers but also gave me the confidence to be able to play in front of people. Louise is very understanding to the complexities of learning an instrument as an adult and she has great ways and ideas to keep students on track and self-motivated.’
‘Louise’s contagious, joyous passion for music and her cello is completely inspiring. Her classes are just about the best thing I have ever done in my life. The opportunity to play with peers and realise that I’m not alone in my dreams to master the cello has given me great confidence.’