The Youth Cello Ensemble Program, designed and directed by Louise King, provides a monthly ensemble for intense group rehearsal and development for young aspiring musicians who wish to be mentored in classical contemporary music performance practice including exploring improvisation, jazz and world music.
Interested in signing up for the 2024 program? Please register online here
Not sure if this is the right class for you? Please contact Louise on 0415 128799
2024 NEW BONUS VALUE PACKED EXTRAS!
- EMAIL UPDATES Expect updates and practice list reminders before each monthly class to keep you on track and prepared for what is next.
- PRACTICE VIDEO FEEDBACK Looking for practice support between monthly classes? This program now has the option to send in your private practice video for teacher guidance and feedback between classes!
- CLASS PROGRAM E BOOKS Printable, lovingly designed and written by Louise King, this new range of A4 eBooks are packed with free resources, journal prompts, practice tips, goal trackers, inspiration links, and a book club list to read about how to practice with tips and techniques to develop a sustainable and enjoyable practice routine.
- FACEBOOK PRIVATE GROUP Request to join our online community private group that shares learning ⚒️ tools and creative ideas 💡 and interesting content to empower and encourage cellists of all ages and all levels to become better musicians, listeners, team players, artists and creative thinkers.
Please register your interest in the Youth Advanced Cello Ensemble program here email@example.com
1 19 Rosebed St Eudlo Hall Rosebed Street EUDLO Hinterland Sunshine Coast QLD
2 5-7 Rufous Street Peregian Community House PEREGIAN Sunshine Coast QLD
3 Cnr Kennedy and Enoggera Terrace, Ithaca Hall, Red Hill Qld 4059 BRISBANE
#1 EUDLO HALL Rosebed St Sunshine Coast
Day: Thursday monthly – 2nd Thursday of each month
- 3:30-4:30pm – Youth Beginner Cello Class
- 4:30-5:30pm – Youth Intermediate Cello Class / Youth Advanced Cello Ensemble * tbc pending registration numbers and levels of students
- 5:30-6:30pm – Adult Beginner Cello Class
- 6:30-7:30pm – Adult Intermediate Cello Class
- 7:30-8:30pm – Adult Cello Ensemble
1 Thurs 8 Feb
2 Thurs 14 March
3 Thurs 11 April
4 Thurs 9 May
5 Thurs 13 June
6 Thurs 11 July
7 Thurs 8 August
8 Thurs 12 September
9 Thurs 10 October
10 Thurs 14 November
#2 BRISBANE Ithaca Hall Red Hill
Day: Saturday monthly – 2nd Saturday of each month
- 10:30-11:30am – Adult Beginner Cello Class
- 11:30-12:30pm – Adult Intermediate Cello Class
- 12:30-1:30pm – Adult Cello Ensemble
- 1:30-2:30pm – Youth Beginner Cello Class
- 2:30-3:30pm – Youth Intermediate Cello Class
- 3:30-4:30pm – Youth Advanced Cello Ensemble
- Saturday 10 February
- Saturday 9 March
- Saturday 13 April
- Saturday 11 May
- Saturday 8 June
- Saturday 13 July
- Saturday 10 August
- Saturday 14 September
- Saturday 12 October
- Saturday 9 November
Take part in public concerts – opportunities announced throughout the year!
JOIN Book your place in the ensemble now. Limited places available. Teacher recommendations of talented students welcome. Not sure if you make the grade? Book in for an audition by mentor Louise King on 0415 128 799.
BOOK Easy payment in our online shop.
DETAILS Music is provided. A minimum of 4 students per class is needed to ensure the ensemble program runs.
WHAT TO BRING cello, bow, rosin, music stand, end-pin stopper, pencil and eraser, imagination, courage.
MORE INFO firstname.lastname@example.org | 0415 128 799
Join the Cello Dreaming Youth Excellence Ensemble program is dedicated to providing top classical training to developing young talent. Mentored by one of Australia’s most dynamic and highly regarded professional cellists and Teaching Artists, Louise King, young musicians will experience unique opportunities to perform as soloist, chamber musician and within a cello orchestra before local and national audiences throughout the year.
Cello Dreaming Youth Ensemble has performed as guest act for singer-songwriter Katie Noonan, at Woodford Folk Festival, Caloundra Fringe Festival, Imagineers Festival, City Hall Concert Series Brisbane, Dreaming BIG concert series, Horizon Festival, Sunshine Coast Australia Day Awards, community concerts, outreach projects and special events and weddings on the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane. The Ensemble has won first, second, third and highly commended in many Eisteddfods. Music for Social Change charity performances includes fundraising concerts for Playing For Change Foundation and Musicians Without Borders. The increase in committed and talented members will result in more high profile performance opportunities being created and if funding is secured, an overseas tour.
cello dreaming mission
Cello Dreaming’s mission is to provide exceptional quality training to talented, committed and motivated youth students who want to be mentored in classical contemporary music performance practice and would like to learn musical and creative business skills that open pathways into a professional music career.
Whether your goal is to be a professional musician or lead a life rich with artistic meaning, Cello Dreaming Youth Excellence Program builds skills for success. The Youth Excellence Program is a learning environment where every young musician develops musicality, hard-core technique, leadership skills and teamwork through playing quality classical music in an ensemble and chamber music. Through rehearsing and performing at special events, community and charity concerts, media appearances, and community outreach projects, Cello Dreaming encourages talented students to use their unique talents to create social change through music. Louise as your mentor guides each student to make an active contribution to our community.
A place in the class is issued by Cello Dreaming and on behalf of Louise King. The booked place in the class is considered sold and subject to the following conditions:
- The booked place cannot be exchanged with another applicant, returned and refunded after purchase.
- The right is reserved to add, withdraw or substitute presenters, artists, vary ticket prices, and/or vary advertised programs, seating arrangements and class capacity.
- The presenter, performer Cello Dreaming reserves the right of admission to the class.
- If the class has to be cancelled due to natural disaster, adverse weather conditions or for any other cause reasonably beyond the presenter’s control, there is no right of refund or exchange, and no obligation is assumed by the presenter for the arranging of a substitute event.