BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The booking fee secures your date, time and booking and is non-refundable.2. Up until a payment of a booking fee is made, cello dreaming is free to make a booking with another client for the same date and time.
3. The non-refundable deposit is $150 for all events regardless of length and type of booking.
4. The booking fee can be made at any time by the client to secure the booking and is advisable immediately after enquiry and the client’s decision to book musicians for their event.
5. Payment of remaining balance is to be made one week before the event date.
6. A confirmation email of the client’s booking with an event invoice will be emailed to the client once the booking fee is received.
7. The client will obtain all necessary permits and consents to the conducting of the event, function, wedding and will comply with all conditions imposed with the granting of such permit or consent and, in particular will ascertain and satisfy all requirements of the performance venue or space during the engagement.
8. It is the responsibility of the client to provide protection from sun, rain, wind, salt-spray, adverse heat and cold. If when the musicians arrive at the event location, they believe the protection is inadequate, they will talk to the wedding/event/ venue coordinators about the situation and hopefully find a solution. If the protection is not adequate and is not resolved, they will not be able to unpack instruments and perform. The decision on whether the area is safe for performance shall be solely that of the performer. If the client fails to make the area safe, or make available an alternative safe area, the performer shall not be obliged to perform but the performance fee shall nevertheless remain payable.
9. The client will provide access to sufficient mains power outlets when cello dreaming is performing a musical set requiring power. Where normal power supplies are not available, the employer will provide a safe and supervised generating system operated by qualified persons. The employer will make known to cello dreaming that such a system will be in use at the function at least seven days prior to the function. The client will be liable for any damages to the performers equipment as a result of the use of such a generating system. The client will indemnify the performers for any loss, damage or injury arising through any malfunction thereof.
10. Where the client provides a public address system, amplifier or instrument, the same will be of proper quality and in suitable working order.
11. At the conclusion of the booking time regardless of when the function, ceremony or event starts, the musician(s) will begin to pack up. If the client asks the musician(s) to continue for 10 more minutes the musician(s) will do so, at their option, free of charge. If the client requests the musician(s) to continue for another 20 minutes then it will be charged at the half an hour rate and the client will be billed for any extra performance time.
12. If an event or, in particular, a wedding ceremony goes over time, the musician(s) will wait up to 10 minutes past booking end time to play for the recessional and then leave.
13. If wet weather requires the special event, function, private party or wedding ceremony to be moved to an alternative location, it must still be held at the same time as the original booking. cello dreaming is unable to provide two different allocated times for wedding bookings. If no wet-weather plan is included in the booking details and contract and it is too wet to play at your event outside, no performance refund will be given.
14. In the unlikely event that something happens to one or more of the musicians that prevents them from being unable to perform at the event due to an unforeseen circumstance, an appropriate substitute professional replacement will be supplied at no additional charge to the client.
15. The musician(s) take a 10-minute break in any event longer than two hours. If your event includes speeches, then the musician(s) will plan breaks at that time. To help with this, please send a running order of your event.
16. The musician(s) arrive 15-30 minutes before the hire start time to set up & sound check.
17. Please supply non-alcoholic beverages to musician(s) during breaks.
18. If the booking is 3 or more hours, the musician(s) booked must be supplied with a meal and a meal break, to be taken at appropriate time of the event.
a) The client may cancel this booking by delivery of written notice to cello dreaming not later than 7 days before the date set for the performance, whereupon the client will forfeit any booking fee paid. The performer will be entitled to the agreed and negotiated performance fee as specified herein notwithstanding any purported termination by the client in any other matter. In particular, if the booking is made within 7 days of the date of the scheduled performance, then the performer shall be entitled to their fee notwithstanding any purported termination by the client.
b) The performer may cancel this booking for any reason whatsoever by delivery of written notice to the client at the address shown herein not later than 7 days prior to the performance. The performer may cancel this booking upon less than 7 days notice for reasons of ill health and if requested by the client will produce from a registered medical practitioner certifying ill health.
c) If a booking is made within 7 days of the date of the performance then the client shall have no right of cancellation and the performers shall be entitled to their fee as specified notwithstanding any purported termination by the client.
20. Persons completing this contract on behalf of the client warrant that they have the authority to do so and accept liability for signing this agreement. Where the organization or company for which the signatory has determined this agreement does not make payment or fulfill any part of this agreement the signatory will accept full responsibility and will personally guarantee that all commitments under this agreement are met.