Interested in signing up for the 2024 program? Please register online here
Not sure if this is the right class for you? Please contact Louise on 0415 128799
Are you looking for a cello group class program that is fun and engaging?
Read this checklist for the Adult Intermediate Cello Class!
If you match, then this is the class for you!
- I have been learning (and practicing!) for more than two years and can play confidently in first position.
- I am exploring fourth position and extensions (flats and sharps) and know my C major (2 octaves), G major (2 octaves), D major (2 octaves), E minor (1 octave), D minor (1 octave) and F major (1 octave) scales.
- I have prior experience in an ensemble, group music program or choir.
- I can read music and interested in stretching myself with more challenges and new topics.
- I want to meet new cello people and be in a small community group.
- I am keen to learn how to play in two, or three parts in a cello group.
2024 NEW BONUS VALUE PACKED EXTRAS!
EMAIL UPDATES Expect updates and practice list reminders before each monthly class to keep you on track and prepared for what is next.
PRACTICE VIDEO FEEDBACK Looking for practice support between monthly classes? This program now has the option to send in your private practice video for teacher guidance and feedback between classes!
CLASS PROGRAM E BOOKS Printable, lovingly designed and written by Louise King, this new range of A4 eBooks are packed with free resources, journal prompts, practice tips, goal trackers, inspiration links, and a book club list to read about how to practice with tips and techniques to develop a sustainable and enjoyable practice routine.
FACEBOOK PRIVATE GROUP Request to join our online community private group that shares learning ⚒️ tools and creative ideas 💡 and interesting content to empower and encourage cellists of all ages and all levels to become better musicians, listeners, team players, artists and creative thinkers.
1 19 Rosebed St Eudlo Hall Rosebed Street EUDLO Hinterland Sunshine Coast QLD
2 5-7 Rufous Street Peregian Community House PEREGIAN Sunshine Coast QLD
3 Cnr Kennedy and Enoggera Terrace, Ithaca Hall, Red Hill Qld 4059 BRISBANE
The Adult Intermediate Cello Class Program, designed and directed by Louise King, provides a monthly ensemble for group rehearsal and development for adult aspiring musicians who wish to be mentored in classical contemporary music performance practice including exploring classical, improvisation, jazz and world music.
Designed with the adult amateur in mind, this group class is fun, dives into new topics and styles of music, develops existing skills and is delivered in a clear and engaging way.
Each class contains technical exercises to build coordination, confidence, musicianship, ear training and music theory. One instructive piece is worked on as a group with teacher demonstrations and at the end of class, this piece will be played by the group with teacher accompaniment. Nobody plays on their own unless they want to! Class activities are done all together in a supportive and encouraging environment. The emphasis is on building musicianship and performance skills integrated with learning to play the cello.
Under the expert guidance of professional musician Louise King, the participants will learn in a small group. This series of classes is designed to provide adult students to try playing the cello step by step. It is an opportunity to try something new in a supportive group environment and meet people with similar interests.
Cello Dreaming recommends that participants have their own or rented cello to be attending the class. It is highly recommended that you attend all classes to enjoy the sequenced development and to develop teamwork and confidence.
approach to teaching
Louise King has been a music educator and worked with youth and adult students for thirty years. Read more about her Teaching Philosophy.
A place in the class is issued by Cello Dreaming and on behalf of Louise King. The booked place in the class is considered sold and subject to the following conditions:
- The booked place cannot be exchanged with another applicant, returned and refunded after purchase.
- The right is reserved to add, withdraw or substitute presenters, artists, vary ticket prices, and/or vary advertised programs, seating arrangements and class capacity.
- The presenter, performer Cello Dreaming reserves the right of admission to the class.
- If the class has to be cancelled due to natural disaster, adverse weather conditions or for any other cause reasonably beyond the presenter’s control, there is no right of refund or exchange, and no obligation is assumed by the presenter for the arranging of a substitute event.
#1 EUDLO HALL Rosebed St Sunshine Coast
Day: Thursday monthly – 2nd Thursday of each month
- 3:30-4:30pm – Youth Beginner Cello Class
- 4:30-5:30pm – Youth Intermediate Cello Class
- 5:30-6:30pm – Adult Beginner Cello Class
- 6:30-7:30pm – Adult Intermediate Cello Class
- 7:30-8:30pm – Adult Cello Ensemble
1 Thurs 8 Feb
2 Thurs 14 March
3 Thurs 11 April
4 Thurs 9 May
5 Thurs 13 June
6 Thurs 11 July
7 Thurs 8 August
8 Thurs 12 September
9 Thurs 10 October
10 Thurs 14 November
#2 BRISBANE Ithaca Hall Red Hill
Day: Saturday monthly – 2nd Saturday of each month
- 10:30-11:30am – Adult Beginner Cello Class
- 11:30-12:30pm – Adult Intermediate Cello Class
- 12:30-1:30pm – Adult Cello Ensemble
- 1:30-2:30pm – Youth Beginner Cello Class
- Saturday 10 February
- Saturday 9 March
- Saturday 13 April
- Saturday 11 May
- Saturday 8 June
- Saturday 13 July
- Saturday 10 August
- Saturday 14 September
- Saturday 12 October
- Saturday 9 November
(*Classes are not currently running at Peregian for Adult Intermediate. If you are interested in joining the waiting list for this class to start in Peregian, please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Take part in community concerts and end of year class showcase. Opportunities announced through the year.
COST $45 per person per class | $135 for 3 classes | $225 for 5 classes | $360 for 8 classes | $450 for 10 classes
EARLY BIRD DEAL Book & pay online before classes commence and by 1st February 2024 to be eligible for early bird discount.
- $360 for 10 x monthly classes (10 classes for price of 8)
- $270 for 8 x monthly classes (8 classes for price of 6)
- $180 for 5 x monthly classes (5 classes for price of 4)
JOIN Book your place in the class program now. Limited places available. Teacher recommendations of committed students are welcome. Not sure if you made the grade? Book in for an audition by mentor Louise King on 0415 128 799.
BOOK ONLINE online shop.
DETAILS Music is provided. A minimum of 4 students per class is needed to ensure the adult class program runs. Music worksheets included.
WHAT TO BRING cello, bow, rosin, music stand, end-pin stopper, pencil and eraser, imagination, courage.
WHAT MUSIC? Music to suit all tastes and suitable for complete beginners.. Play music with others, experience playing in a group with both piano and cello accompaniment and enjoy learning well known classical, folk and modern music carefully selected and arranged to suit Adult Learners in a mixed level, group class experience.
MORE INFO email@example.com | 0415 128 799
what people are saying
‘You are a rare find, both an excellent performer and inspiring teacher. Your classes are SO rewarding, and carefully prepared. You instinctively understand and work with all the varying personalities, abilities and goals of your students. Your practical suggestions and confidence convince us that we can all express the music within, with some remarkable results.’
‘Louise has helped me reawaken my connection with music. Her intuitive style of teaching helped me find the courage to pick up my cello again. She not only loosened my rusty fingers but also gave me the confidence to be able to play in front of people. Louise is very understanding to the complexities of learning an instrument as an adult and she has great ways and ideas to keep students on track and self-motivated.’
‘Louise’s contagious, joyous passion for music and her cello is completely inspiring. Her classes are just about the best thing I have ever done in my life. The opportunity to play with peers and realise that I’m not alone in my dreams to master the cello has given me great confidence.’